The Danger of Backsliding
Written by Agraciouswoman on February 9, 2023
The Danger of Backsliding
I am in the book of Jeremiah right now and God is speaking into my spirit. Everyone has been talking about the Grammy Awards and how demonically ritualistic they have become.
So, I watched a YouTube video about the collaboration of a Christian group with a secular artist.
The creator made a valid point that we must be careful of our lack of mercy because we don’t see the full picture of God’s intervention. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55: 9, KJV).
But I want to add what the Spirit is showing me. He will confirm His Word. So let me give you a synopsis.
Led by the Spirit I began to realize that there is a fine line in the flesh between accepting God or Satan, good and evil, and right or wrong.
Everything is Permissible for Me, But Not All Things Are Beneficial
1) You don’t have to accept everything that the world and the devil offer you. Just say no when you are of God and see the evil intent behind a gift. Why would you feel honored to accept a Grammy or any abomination, knowing what it represents?
“Wherefore come out from among them and be ye separate, saith the LORD, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,” (2 Corinthians 6: 17, KJV).
2) Now remember that God loves mercy, but we are not to compromise. “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon [money, possessions, fame, status, or whatever is valued more than the LORD]” (Matthew 6: 24, AMP).
3) God may very well send you into the “lion’s den”. But remember your direction and focus. Do what is commanded of you then leave. When the prophets had a message, they rarely stayed longer than to say “Thus saith the LORD”.
Can Two Walk Together Lest They Agree?
“Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners” (1 Corinthians 15: 33, KJV).
And again, “Do not be unequally bound together with unbelievers [do not make mismatched alliances with them, inconsistent with your faith]. For what partnership can righteousness have with lawlessness? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
“What harmony can there be between Christ and Belial (Satan)? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?” (2 Corinthians 6: 14-15, AMP).
Let’s take it further to confirm this affiliation. The perceived warning. And the disturbing of our spiritual walk. Polluting our very souls.
Can A Man Take Fire in His Bossom and Not Be Burned?
“Now what are you doing by going to Egypt [in search of an ally], to drink the muddy waters of the Nile? Or what are you doing by going to Assyria [in search of an ally], to drink the muddy waters of the Euphrates?” (Jeremiah 2: 18, AMP).
(Now here it is…) “Thine own wickedness shall correct thee, and thy backslidings shall reprove thee: know therefore and see that it is an evil thing and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the LORD thy God, and that my fear is not in thee, saith the LORD GOD of hosts” (Jeremiah 2: 19, KJV).
4) This does not mean that we shun them. But we must show them a better way.
Be Holy for God is Holy
“Therefore become imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father]; and walk continually in love [that is, value one another–practice empathy and compassion, unselfishly seeking the best for others], just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and sacrifice to God [slain for you, so that it became] a sweet fragrance” (Ephesians 5: 1-2, AMP).
5) Let me close with this. “You are the light of [Christ to] the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, (pay attention…) and it gives light to all who are in the house” (Matthew 5: 14-15, AMP).
Whoever Denies Me Before Men, I Will Deny Before My Father in Heaven
Let God’s glory, the light of His anointing, and the power of the Holy Spirit consume you. Worldly people look the same. There is no distinction.
But we are a peculiar people. A royal priesthood. Be thankful that you are set apart. Remember that the true light of God cannot be hidden. It is impossible. This is how we honor Him without shame.
6) Don’t blur the lines. “Listen carefully: I am sending you out like sheep among wolves; so be wise as serpents, and innocent as doves (and here it is again…) [having no self-serving agenda]” (Matthew 10: 16, AMP).
Always coming from a place of love!!!
Originally written on February 08, 2023.
Schedule Life Coaching Sessions – benevolentwoman.com
|Original content here is published under these license terms:||X|
|License Abstract:||You may copy this content, create derivative work from it, and re-publish it, provided you include an overt attribution to the author(s).|