When Grace Abounds!!!
Yesterday after leaving work, I went to pick up my daughter from her job. On the expressway going home a deer ran out in front of me. I blew the horn, startled it, and he made it across the highway. I didn’t see the two elk that were following behind.
The Spirit immediately spoke to me. “Don’t stop! Keep going!” So, the third deer didn’t make it.
At the time I was so upset that I didn’t even stop. Even after the incident. Apologizing profusely. Until I made it home.
The fact that I made it home was God’s grace. I checked my sensor codes and knew that moderate damage was done to at least two engine sensors. I attempted to start it up this morning and put it in drive as it began to jerk in a methodical manner. Undriveable.
Currently, we are in a recession. But before this, I had decided that I would drive my car until “the wheels fell off”.
This is the word of the LORD regarding that last statement:
We Are but A Breath
1) “Come now [and pay attention to this], you who say, ‘Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and carry on our business and make a profit.’ Yet you do not know [the least thing] about what may happen in your life tomorrow. [What is secure in your life?] You are merely a vapor [like a puff of smoke or a wisp of steam from a cooking pot] that is visible for a little while and then vanishes [into thin air]” (James 4: 13-14, AMP).
And 2) “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55: 8-9, KJV).
You see I took great care of my vehicle and mechanics and dealers who saw it always complimented me on it. And they see custom, elaborate, luxury vehicles every day. I didn’t even purchase the “kit” with mine and my daughter would refer to it as being “basic”.
His Grace Is Always Sufficient
God is gracious! Many times, I have seen vehicles stranded on the road but in all my years of owning one, I have always been able to make it home, or to a safe destination whenever trouble arises.
And as I praise the Lord, I want to encourage everyone. So, I am going to leave you with a few scriptures. But with one in particular. That is becoming more relevant in my life every day.
“And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, and said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 18: 2-3, KJV).
Now the amplified version defines being child-like as trusting, humble, and forgiving. Many take this literally, but it is figurative.
Become As Little Children
Let me explain the importance of divine sight and its direct correlation with becoming as “little children”.
Because as people, we are very self-centered. Relative to low self-esteem and self-worth.
Unable to use divine insight, we miss God’s omnipotence. His omnipresence. Particularly in our lives and circumstances.
Every day, by the end of the day, or by the next morning I reflect and meditate on how God manifested His presence in my circumstances. Even in His creation.
I look forward to seeing His favor in my life. When trouble arises, I look to Him for guidance. Contemplating His glorious grace and supernatural manifestations. Seeing nothing as too little or insignificant.
Don’t Be Blown About
This is where many go wrong. Blown about in life with no faith, hope, peace, or joy. Incapable of logical deduction.
So, we miss His miracles, mercy, and glory in our lives. Lacking discernment. Being stagnant and spiritually unable to thrive.
I get frustrated and upset like everyone else. But I believe in His promises. And am resolved to be guided by His Spirit.
Gold And Silver, I Have Not
Pay attention. “Do not store up for yourselves [material] treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
“But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart [your wishes, your desires; that on which your life centers] will be also.”
(Now here it is.) “The eye is the lamp of the body; so if your eye is [spiritually perceptive], your whole body will be full of light [benefiting from God’s precepts].
“But if your eye is bad [spiritually blind], your whole body will be full of darkness [devoid of God’s precepts]. So if the [very] light inside you [your inner self, your heart, your conscience] is darkness, how great and terrible is that darkness!” (Matthew 6: 19-23, AMP).
Develop Eyes to See and Ears to Hear
As I contemplate His promises, He speaks clearly through His Word. “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it” (Isaiah 55: 11, KJV).
So let me give you a few more scriptures. Validating God’s Word in our lives.
1) “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
“Moreover whom He did predestinate, then he also called: and whom He called, then He justified, then he also glorified. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8: 28-31, KJV).
I’m More Than a Conqueror! (Say It!)
2) “Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors and gain an overwhelming victory through Him who loved us [so much that He died for us]” (Romans 8: 37, AMP).
3) “For the LORD God is a sun and shield: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee” (Psalm 84: 11-12, KJV).
My Steps Are Ordered by God! (Say It!)
4) “The steps of a [good and righteous] man are directed and established by the LORD, and He delights in his way [and blesses his path]. When he falls, he will not be hurled down, because the LORD is the one who holds his hand and sustains him” (Psalms 37: 23-24, AMP).
I sit in the LORD’s presence every day. Watching His intricacy in my life. The power of the Holy Ghost. It is an awesome, awe-fearing continual reverence in the Spirit.
And finally, 5) (Concentrate on this!) “By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.” (Psalm 41: 11, KJV)!
Always coming from a place of love and in truth!!!
Originally written on September 22, 2023.
Thank you, Cassandra Mack, at Cassandra Mack Ministries, for allowing me to sponsor an episode of your podcast.